Leica M10 Monochrom
Leica Camera is excited to announce the long-awaited third generation of its innovative black and white digital rangefinder cameras, the Leica M10 Monochrom. Based on the Leica M10-P platform, the M10 Monochrom brings a new level of resolution and performance to the M-System as well as black and white photography as a whole.
The Leica M10 Monochrom touts a brand new 40 megapixel full frame monochrome sensor that achieves new heights in sharpness, detail and resolution while also opening up newfound versatility with a lower base ISO of 160 and a higher maximum ISO of 100,000. With these new levels of performance, the M10 Monochrom is even more capable than its predecessors in any lighting scenarios while maintaining the film-like grain and beautiful contrast and sharpness it is known for, thanks to the removal of the color filter array from the sensor. The M10 Monochrom is the ideal camera for the most passionate and dedicated black and white photographers.
The newly developed 40 megapixel sensor has been built from the ground up with the M10 Monochrom in mind, achieving new more versatile ISO performance. The removal of color filter array ensures each pixel receives more light and no interpolation is needed, ensuring the highest quality black and white captures. The Leica M10 Monochrom is the epitome of discretion — which is why Leica chose to omit the familiar, and potentially eye-catching, red dot. In a similar vein, the “Leica M10 Monochrom” inscription on the top plate is considerably more subtle. The strict omission of any color inlaid engravings further emphasizes the camera’s monochrome character.
- Compact digital rangefinder system camera
- Newly 40 MP full frame black and white image sensor
- ISO range of 160-100,000
- Exposure times of 16 minutes up to 1/4000s
- Display with touch function
- Silent mechanical shutter, touchscreen, thinner body design
- Leica FOTOS connectivity; first Monochrom to feature Wi-Fi
- Monochromatic design aesthetic; white and gray engravings on the body, blacked-out shutter buttom and lens release button, Leica logo on the front of the camera
Leica M10 Monochrom Technical Data
Leica M Catalog